SEVEN MUSIC FEST – FAQ 2018
1:00pm – Festival Gates Open
2:00pm – St. Albert Showcase
2:45pm – Martin Kerr
3:30pm – Kane Incognito
4:15pm – Altameda
5:15pm – The Wet Secrets
6:30pm – Delhi 2 Dublin
7:45pm – Banners
9:15pm – Elle King
11:00pm – Good night !
To ensure all patrons enjoy the music and experience of Seven, and after all that’s what we’re here for, we’ve outlined some rules and guidelines below.
What should I bring?
- Festival style lawn chairs with a maximum leg height of 8” while the back should be no more than 26 inches off the ground
- Sealed Bottles of water
- Non-professional cameras without detachable lenses
- Umbrellas for rain protection only, the GIANT beach/sun umbrellas will not be allowed on-site. (Besides it’s going to be a bright sunny summer day!!)
- Rain gear (this will ensure it’s going to be a bright sunny, summer day!!)
- Appropriate footwear and a hat (it’s going to be sunny and hot!!)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Tarp or blanket – no larger than 8’ X 10’
All guests and their belongings will be subject to search prior to entering the festival site. Management reserves the right to prohibit entry to persons and/or items based on festival rules.
Please DO NOT Bring:
- Alcohol – patrons found consuming alcohol outside of the licensed area will be immediately escorted off the site without refund. Intoxicated patrons maybe asked to leave the festival site at the discretion of security staff.
- Narcotics or illicit drugs of any description. Patrons found with illicit drugs in their possession will be immediately escorted off the site without refund or referred to the RCMP for further consultation.
- No glass containers of any description other than baby food containers
- Professional audio and video recording devices are prohibited. Photos taken are for personal use only. Only accredited media are allowed to bring professional grade gear onto the site.
- Chairs (maximum leg height allowed is 8”, the back should be no more than 26 inches off the ground)
- Pets of any description. Working Service Dogs are welcome!
- Weapons, noise makers, fireworks, cow bells, laser pointers, flags or other obnoxious devices. Seven security staff, at their discretion, will make the final determination if items of this nature in your possession are allowed onto the site. Patrons in possession of dangerous or obnoxious devices may be escorted off of the site.
Hours of Operation
Gates open at 1:00pm and the show will close promptly at 11:00pm. Again, please respect our neighbours privacy and property while proceeding safely onto and off the festival site.
Tickets and Wristbands
Tickets can be purchased online via our website (and Eventbrite) or at the gate on day of event and will be exchanged for a wristband at the front gate. Guests who remove or tamper with their wristband may be escorted from the Festival site. Wristbands are non-transferrable. Your wristband must be visible at all times. A lost wristband means purchasing another ticket.
Can I smuggle in my own alcohol?
Of course not, that would be against the law and get us all in trouble. Seven has a licensed beer tent and VIP tent which are the only area’s that alcohol is allowed to be responsibly consumed. Patrons found consuming alcohol outside of the licensed area will be immediately escorted off the site without refund.
Beer Tent & VIP tent – NO MINORS ALLOWED
The beer tent and VIP tent will operate from 1:00pm to 11:30pm, with last call at 10:30pm. We know guests will enjoy their libations in the spirit of the Seven Music Fest, which is a responsible and enjoyable manner.
Patrons visiting the beer tent or VIP tent must be 18 years of age and provide government issued ID upon request. Minors found in a licensed area will be escorted off the site without refund or referred to the RCMP for further consultation. Intoxicated patrons maybe asked to leave the licensed area/festival site at the discretion of security staff.
Can I bring my own food?
Absolutely bring your own small snacks, fruit and treats for personal consumption. No outside commercial food purchases will be permitted on-site. Seven will provide a selection of awesome food trucks on-site with hot tasty selections just in case your homemade poutine or falafel gets cold…..
Will there be a line up at the gate?
We’ll do our best to get everyone into the site in timely manner. We have some pretty experienced folks on board so we don’t anticipate line-ups to be anything out of the ordinary. We ask that once you have your wrist band, you enter the site without rushing or running to the front of the stage….there’s tons of room and not a bad “seat” in the house!
Smoking (including VAPING) is NOT permitted in the festival site, beer garden or VIP tent. *of note, previous FAQ stated smoking was permitted but the City of St. Albert confirmed that as a park area, it is a non-smoking park.
How does seating work?
Seeing as Seven is a festival we decided to go with… Festival Seating. This means first come, first served. Please respect your neighbours and the artists on the stage.
The park is a grass covered surface and may prove to have some access issues. There will be an area for disabled persons and their caregiver if required. The caregiver will be admitted without charge. Please contact us ahead of time to make arrangements via email@example.com
Can I get cash on-site?
Yes there will be ATM’s on-site, but we encourage you to bring additional cash to avoid potential line-ups
There will be porta-potties and hand wash stations throughout the site.
The information Tent is the go-to place for lost & found, general information and First Aid. Lost children (or adults) can be directed to the Information Tent for safe keeping. Please, please, please keep tabs on your children at all times, especially after dark.
Is there First Aid available?
Professional first aider’s will be on-site at all times. First aid will be available at the Information Tent throughout the duration of the festival. Ambulances are minutes away by calling 911 if required.
Are there ticket refunds?
There will not be ticket refunds for individual artist cancellations. Should an artist cancel we will make every reasonable effort to provide a replacement artist of similar value. The festival runs rain or shine.
Transportation & Parking
There is NO ON-SITE PARKING available at or around Mission Hill Park.
**St. Albert Centre is closed. Transit is running from Village Landing. Transit info (to be updated closer to festival, please check back in weeks prior) Tentatively: from 12:40 pm to 3:40 pm operating every 20 minutes, then 3:40 pm to 11:55 pm operating every 15 minutes or walk using the Red Willow walking paths, bicycle parking, utilize public transit or taxis, be dropped off or use other creative means available. The City of St. Albert at their discretion may or may not put in an enforced parking restriction in and around Mission Hill Park. Be please be aware of any posted parking notifications and adhere to directions from traffic control personnel. Please be courteous to our neighbours and respectful of their property.
After the show at 11:00pm, Park & Ride is available at the pickup point located at Mission & Perron, arrange to be picked up at the Catholic parish parking lot on St. Vital Ave. Taxis may be available at the Catholic parish as well.
Respect our good Neighbours Our neighbours around Mission Hill Park are kind enough to share their neighbourhood with us for the day. So please be respectful of their property and space. Observe pedestrian, parking and traffic laws. We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable experience at Seven.
- Garbage and recycle bins are placed around the site for your use. Please help us keep Mission Park green and clean
- Be thoughtful of your neighbours enjoying the music: turn down your cell phone and don’t obstruct sight lines. Be mindful of the chair guidelines: a maximum leg height of 8” while the back should be no more than 26 inches off the ground
- No open fires or barbeques are allowed.
- Please follow directions from Seven staff and volunteers to ensure a safe and enjoyable time.
Anything else we can help with?
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come early and enjoy the largest Farmer’s market in Western Canada. The market opens at 10am and runs until 3pm. It’s located along St. Anne street which is directly across the river from the Seven Music Fest site and only a short walk. More info can be found at: www.stalbertfarmersmarket.com
This website will be updated on an ongoing basis to provide the most current information available. Information subject to change with or without notice.